Senior Product Manager
Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of medical disorders to address unmet medical needs. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the development and management of several key marketing initiatives. This position will support both branded and unbranded initiatives and lead development of HCP and consumer facing field team promotional materials. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Director, the Product Manager will be a key part of the commercial team and will interact with all other groups throughout the company.
Position Description & Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and deliver high quality strategies and programming to support building awareness and understanding, ensuring compliant and clear communications, supporting patient identification, disease awareness campaigns, and brand promotion activities.
- Drive innovation in marketing - contribute new ideas and approaches and help build cutting edge HCP and consumer educational and marketing programs
- Proactively lead, develop and execute marketing projects, often in collaboration with partner agencies, from concept stage through full implementation
- Manage internal and external resources in the development of educational and promotional materials to meet objectives in a cost-efficient and timely manner
- Identify market opportunities and customer targets through competitive analysis, positioning, and marketing strategy assessments
- Represent Vanda Pharmaceuticals in external organizations and at meetings and conferences
- Form strong collaborative relationships with internal cross functional colleagues to prioritize and deliver on Marketing functional priorities
- Successfully manage investment spend as per the approved plan
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years' experience within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or consumer product environment
- Experience in developing and executing on innovative marketing, educational, and communication platforms
- Strong consumer marketing background. Experience in DTC, including television, radio, and digital media
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a track record of developing and prioritizing marketing strategies and campaigns
- Rare disease experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology regulatory environment with a proven track record of managing tactical design, messaging, and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong leadership skills, self-motivated, and a team-player.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team player in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- A self-starter with a high energy level
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: MK8004
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
« return to career opportunities