Position Description & Responsibilities
Vanda is seeking a Senior Biostatistician who will primarily be responsible for statistical aspects in the design and analysis of clinical trials, including protocol development, statistical analysis plan, data analysis, data presentation and report writing. This person may provide analysis support for commercial needs.
Roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Act as the lead statistician on multiple clinical research projects.
- Contribute to the protocol development, including the experimental design, randomization, sample size calculation, statistical methods, and prepare the statistical section.
- Prepare detailed statistical analysis plans (SAP's), and develop/QC the derived datasets and TFLs.
- Prepare and analyze the bioinformatics data or clinical data for posters and manuscripts.
- Liaise with contract research organization (CRO) trial statisticians and data managers.
- Perform the analysis on the commercial/marketing data as needed.
Successful candidates will have the following background/experience:
- Ph.D. degree in Biostatistics/Statistics or a closely related field
- At least 2+ years of experience in a clinical trial setting (biotech, pharma or CRO)
- Must demonstrate statistical skills and knowledge of clinical trial methodologies.
- Must have experience with SAS programming and R/S language
- Experience in oncology trials preferred
- Excellent practical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are a must.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hirin
g, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected
status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: I6011
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
« return to career opportunities