Position Description & Responsibilities
Vanda is seeking a Statistical Analyst who will primarily be responsible for the development, validation, maintenance, documentation of programming codes used in the analysis of clinical trials. The programmer will work interactively with biostatistics, data management, clinical and regulatory personnel and other departments as appropriate.
Roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide statistical programming support for multiple clinical research projects or regulatory submissions
- Produce and/or validate datasets, analyses, tabulations, graphics and listings of clinical trials data
- Contribute to on-going quality improvement efforts within the project
Successful candidates will have the following background/experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher degree in statistics, mathematics or related quantitative field. Minimum of 5 years of industry related (Pharmaceutical, Biotech, CRO) statistical programming experience with a Bachelor's degree. At least 3years of industry related experience with a master's degree or above.
- Expertise in the production and reviewing of datasets, analyses, tabulations, graphics and listings from clinical trial data
- Familiarity with Version 9: Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS Macro language and SAS SQL; SAS/GRAPH a plus
- Proficient with development, documentation, and testing of analysis data and programming code to meet regulatory and company standards
- Programming experience or knowledge of R/S-plus preferred
- An excellent knowledge of CDISCs, such as Study Data Tabulation Models (SDTM), preferred
- Good organizational and communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative environment, and a desire to improve skills are essential
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hirin
g, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected
status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: I6008
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
« return to career opportunities