Senior Software Engineer
Position Description & Responsibilities
Vanda is seeking a Software Engineer who will primarily be responsible designing, developing and implementing web and mobile applications. This will involve collaborative designing of software processes, database schemas, interfaces and process rules in order to meet the needs of the business.
Roles and responsibilities include the following:
- 5 or more years of experience as a software developer.
- 2 or more years of deep Ruby and Rails experience.
- Heavily focused and capable on backend software.
- Experienced with SQL in different flavors, such as MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL.
- At least 1 project on production utilizing React.js
- Heavily experienced in horizontal scaling and background processing.
- Deep understanding of the benefits and pitfalls of cloud based scaling.
- Familiarity with Redis, Mongo, RabbitMQ and other data storage and data transmission mechanisms, specifically the advantages and pitfalls of each.
Successful candidates will have the following background/experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher degree in computer science, mathematics or related quantitative field.
- 5 or more years of development experience with production releases.
- 3 or more years of experience in a Ruby on Rails environment.
- Understanding of Redis, Mongo, RabbitMQ and other data storage and message queue systems. Specifically the risks and potential shortfalls they bring vs the benefits and use cases they for which they are best suited.
- Good organizational and communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative environment, and a desire to improve skills are essential.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hirin
g, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected
status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: I6006
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
« return to career opportunities