Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapies to address high unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients. We are looking for a temp to perm HR Assistant to join our HR Team. This position will report into the Human Resource Director.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner will provide a full range of HR support to our growing Commercial team.
In this role, the HRBP will build and sustain relationships with all levels of the client group and will be a key member of the Site HRBP team. This role will effectively influence analysis and decision-making in the areas of leadership, talent management and development, succession planning, change management, work force planning, organization development and design, performance management, and employee relations. The person in this role should have proven experience understanding business concepts and aligning business needs with HR support and solutions to move the business ahead in a growing and changing environment.This position reports to the HR Director.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Collaborating with key internal stakeholders, design and implement an HR onboarding program spanning different functional and geographical areas.
- Manage full life cycle recruitment including, working closely with hiring managers/department heads to understand their staffing needs and priorities.
- Respond to sensitive and confidential issues and concerns raised by all levels of employees in a confidential, timely, and objective manner. Maintain awareness of general employee issues concerns and recommend solutions to management to ensure positive morale.
- Act as an internal consultant to managers and employees providing advice on a range of organizational issues.
- Provide employee relations expertise to employees and managers in compliance with company practices; state and federal employment law.
Successful candidates will have the following background/experience:
- Minimum 8 years of professional level HR experience, including Human Resource Business Partner and Generalist roles.
- BA/BS in human resources, psychology, or related field required. PHR/GPHR a plus.
- Experience working Pharma and working closely with a Commercial team a plus.
- Proficiency with HRIS, ATS, ERP systems a plus.
- Must have sound interpersonal, communication, organization and analytic skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced environment with geographically dispersed workforce.
- Self-motivated and self-confident individual who is able to forge and maintain strategic business partnerships and interface with all levels of employees in the organization.
- Excellent relationship building, negotiating, problem-solving and coaching skills required.
Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: GA5006
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
« return to career opportunities