Director, Commercial Finance
Position Description & Responsibilities
Job Description: Director, Commercial Finance is responsible for supporting the global Commercial organization with planning, decision support and monthly close activities. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Manage the financial planning processes for the global Commercial organization including annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and long range plans.
- Partner with cross functional business teams on planning and investment decisions for commercial products.
- Provide strategic decision support for the Vanda executive team.
- Recruit, mentor and manage the commercial finance team.
- Oversight of the Commercial monthly close process.
- Minimum 10 years strategic finance or consulting experience.
- Finance MBA and BA/BS business/accounting/finance;
- Expert financial modeling skills and experience leveraging/creating databases (Excel / Access / Essbase).
- Proficiency with ERP, financial reporting and forecasting systems (Business Objects / Cognos / Hyperion).
- Must have sound interpersonal, communication, organization and analytic skills.
- Life Sciences / Manufacturing experience a plus.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: F4014
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
« return to career opportunities