Position Description & Responsibilities
Job Description: Responsible for all aspects of the Company's domestic and international tax compliance, reporting and planning. This position reports to the CFO.
- Lead the management and preparation of the US Federal, state and foreign income tax and non-income tax/informational returns.
- Calculate and prepare quarterly Federal and state estimated tax payments.
- Coordinate annual R&D/Orphan Drug Credit calculations.
- Responsible for overseeing non-income based taxes (i.e. sales and use tax, property tax, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining business registrations and licenses.
Tax Reporting and Accounting
- Lead the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provision.
- Prepare the company's tax disclosures within the Form 10Q and 10K filings.
- Prepare the reconciliation of tax general ledger accounts.
- Manage third party service providers in accordance with ASC 740, including related financial reporting matters.
Tax Policies, Planning and Controls
- Lead global tax planning projects.
- Coordinate tax review of transfer pricing and intercompany arrangements.
- Lead the review and maintenance of tax policies and controls in accordance with SOX.
- Minimum 10 years of corporate tax or public accounting experience preferred with a Big 4 firm.
- CPA required and Masters in Taxation preferred.
- BA/BS business/accounting/finance or other applicable business discipline.
- SEC tax reporting, ASC 740, ASC 718 and international tax experience is preferred.
- Global, commercial biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: F4013
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
« return to career opportunities