Position Description & Responsibilities
The Finance Manager provides financial planning and accounting support related to European operations, global product revenue and international consolidation. Assists with ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Provides line functions with business planning and analytical support. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Assistant Controller.
- Responsible for the monthly close process for the Company's European operations.
- Manages the international consolidation process including global transfer pricing and intercompany eliminations.
- Responsible for corporate financial reporting in support of the monthly close process and maintains the Company's chart of accounts.
- Supports the financial planning processes, including annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for EU operations and product revenue.
- Ensures compliance with US GAAP and provides support for SOX testing and the annual audit process.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects supporting the Controller and CFO.
- Minimum 7 years corporate finance and/or public auditing experience.
- BA/BS business/accounting/finance or other applicable business discipline.
- CPA with public accounting experience preferred with a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Financial system management and global consolidation and reporting experience.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, SOX 404 compliance and internal controls.
- Expert proficiency with excel.
- Life Sciences a plus.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: F4011
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
« return to career opportunities