Clinical Pharmacist (Reimbursement/Market Access)
Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) is a rapidly growing international biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of products for the treatment of central nervous system disorders to address unmet needs. We are looking for innovative and passionate individuals to be part of a new department launch.
To learn more about Vanda, please visit www.vandapharmaceuticals.com. To learn more about Non-24 Disorder, please visit www.non-24.com.
The Clinical Pharmacist is primarily responsible for implementing reimbursement information education and assistance to provider offices who are seeking to obtain Hetlioz coverage. This individual works cross-functionally and collaboratively with HetliozSolutions (the Hub), Market Access, and Commercial Operations. In addition, the Clinical Pharmacist plays a critical role in providing timely feedback / recommendations to Market Access Leadership on their interactions regarding information assistance.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Pharmacist role encompasses three key areas -- Tactical Execution, Business Planning and Customer Relationship management.
- Apply a deep understanding of each customer's environment and actively engage them with the intention of improving information assistance and enhancing the ability of provider offices to handle reimbursement effectively and efficiently.
- Lead the planning process for his/her assigned geography that --
- Aligns with Vanda's overall goals for helping to ensure that patients are not faced with avoidable and unreasonable hurdles when attempting to access drug therapy prescribed by their physician;
- Considers customer, market, industry, and organization needs
- Coordinate closely with Regional Sales Directors and Corporate Account Directors in Trade/Market Access, gaining knowledge of the health insurance marketplace within their assigned geography and then develop specific plans to provide information assistance with reimbursement as necessary.
- Provide information assistance to prescriber office staff related to the specifics of payer coverage requirements.
- Coordinate with Corporate Account Directors on all Prior Authorization requirements and reimbursement denials generated by Market Access accounts.
Education and/or Experience:
- PharmD required.
- Three to five years related experience in pharmacy or specialty pharmaceutical/biotech reimbursement with a strong understanding of managed care, pharmacy benefits managers and government payers and their impact of product access.
- Other commercial experience (i.e., Market Access, Training, Marketing, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to travel within the US, as needed
- Current, in-depth knowledge of current trends in reimbursement modalities
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement successful initiatives
- Ability to effectively compete for resources both with internal and external customers
- Proven leadership skills and strong business acumen
- Well-developed relationship management and consultative skills
Other Skills and Abilities::
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated initiative, and strategic relationship building
Vanda Pharmaceuticals offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits and a 401(k) matching program. Vanda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or any other protected status designated by law.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: CP6001
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
"Please note that the duties and responsibilities within this role may change over the course of employment, which will require flexibility."
« return to career opportunities