Healthcare Educator Outreach Manager
Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of products for the treatment of central nervous system disorders to address unmet needs. We are looking for an experienced allied health professional to join our rapidly growing biopharmaceutical company as a Health Educator and Outreach Manager.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is highly motivated, well spoken, and energetic to join the Outreach team.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The primary role of the Health Educator and Outreach Manager is to be a resource to customers and facilitate dialogue between various internal and external stakeholders by determining requirements, answering inquires, resolving problems, fulfilling requests, and maintaining records. This position will case manage customer relationships and provide support through their healthcare journey around Non-24 education and potential treatment options.
This position requires excellent cross functional collaboration with internal stakeholders, including marketing and sales to align objectives for these key services for the development of pull-through strategies and tactics, and deliver quality programs to our customers.
Roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Review Scientific Information to understand Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24) and HETLIOZ® (tasimelteon)
- Answering customer inquiries, both telephonically and by email, through clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information
- Educating and providing customers with product and services information
- Identify and escalate priority issues
- Document all call information according to standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements
- Fulfills requests to customers by clarifying desired information, completing transactions, and forwarding requests
- Exhibiting excellent decision making skills to make balanced decisions between communication with consumers and assuring communication is within regulatory guidelines
- Developing feedback mechanism to maintain clear communication with the field sales and corporate account team regarding case management
Successful candidates will have the following background/experience:
- Four-year college degree required. Nursing, pharmacy, social work or other related discipline is preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer-centric skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills
- Aptitude in problem analysis and problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and to operate in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office; specifically Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
Applicants should submit a cover letter with their Curriculum Vitae or Resume to:
Reference #: CM3003
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300E
Washington, DC 20037
« return to career opportunities